Monday, April 15, 2013

Elle's Interview


I pull up next to the building that Elise lives in. My nerves are a mess. How am I going to talk to Elle about everything she has went through? I know she needs a friend right now, I hope I can be the one she can open up to. I reach over and grab my purse and grocery bag and head up the stairs to her apartment. Elle answers after the first knock. I take a breath and plaster on a smile, hoping I can make it through this conversation without breaking down and crying with her. It is obvious she is heartbroken, but she smiles and welcomes me in.
First off I am glad to have this opportunity to meet you Elle!
Hi. It’s good to meet you too. Sorry I had to get you to come to my apartment, but I don’t want to leave here right now.
I totally understand, and it was no problem coming here. The neighborhood is really nice. I brought us some tissues and some rocky road ice cream. I hope you like that kind. I think first I would like to just get to know you, Elle, before we get into the heavy stuff.
What kind of music really gets you up and moving?
I like all sorts but especially rock, like the new kind of rock, not too heavy but still enough to get you into it. When I’m running I like to listen to pop songs, they have a great beat to set your pace to.
If you could pick would you rather go to a club, or hang out at home?
Depends, my last experience at a bar with Brax was rather memorable, but Brax and I used to love just hanging out around the apartment, watching movies or reality television shows, they’re my guilty pleasure. I even got Shay into watching Storage Wars!
I laugh. Seriously, Storage Wars is my guilty pleasure too! Nothing like a bunch of people spending ridiculous amounts of money on the unknown!
Which actor makes your toes curl from lust?
Channing Tatum and Ian Somerhalder,
Is there a particular movie you like him in?
Well Magic Mike was fun to watch, purely for the eye candy. Ian Somerhalder (or Smoulderholder as I call him) is good in anything he does.
Magic Mike sure did have lots of eye candy. It’s my go to movie whenever I’m in a funk. Ok, now that are minds are in the gutter I need to movie to the hard stuff. I hand her some tissues and I grab a few for myself.
After the tragedy that happened when you were 15, how do you think you managed to survive?
       I’m not sure to be honest. I shut down emotionally.
What's the one thing you miss most about your family?
It’s not just one thing. Its belonging, it’s knowing that whatever happens or whatever your do, you have them there. It’s also knowing that I didn’t say the things I wanted them to know because I didn’t know that would be the last time I’d see them. Sorry, can I just have a moment, this is a bit raw at the moment, and it was the anniversary of the murders last week.
Elle goes into the kitchen and scopes out some ice cream for us both. She is deep in thought. She comes back in and tells me she is ready to move on as she takes a bite of her rocky road.
Since your career future is pretty much mapped out for you, what would you choice to study if you could pick anything under the moon to become?
I think I probably would’ve gone into counselling or something, helping others who have been through tragedy like I have.
Describe to me how you felt when Braxton walked into that class room and sat down beside you. Could you feel the electricity in the air?
I saw him walk in the room and was kind of annoyed that the only spare seat was next to me. I wanted to just get on with college, not worry about men, relationships, or anything else. I just wanted to get through college unscathed. But with one smirk and those gorgeous blue eyes of his, I was intrigued.
Oh my, blue eyes are a weakness of mine!
 Were you surprised at how easily the progression of your and Brax relationship went?
Yes and no. He never forced anything and neither did I. We just did what felt right. At no time did I feel pressured by him, to be honest, I couldn’t get enough of him.
Once the creepy Honda car started showing up did you ever feel like you were in any danger?
Not really. I honestly thought he was a reporter, or a rogue photographer wanting his next money making shot
What was your favorite stop on the short road trip you and Brax made?
That B&B in Richmond was romantic as hell, and while we didn’t stay there for long, we certainly managed to enjoy the facilities ;)
Since you brought up sex, who has the photos from your photo booth fun?
*blushes* um, Brax has them hidden away, I’d be horrified if someone ever saw them but I can’t lie and say that we haven’t looked at them a few times since then.
Speaking of the photo booth, how is Shay?
I haven’t seen Shay since Brax left, but before all of that, he was good. Typical Shay, laugh a minute, crude as anything, and a flirt like no other.
Well here's my number if you see him could you put a good word for me?
After the threats, and warnings from your Aunt Sylvia, are you considering you Uncle Harry a real threat and of giving him the company?
Why would Uncle Harry be a threat to me? He may be many things, but he’s my godfather and since I’m the closest thing he’s ever had to a child of his own, I know he’d never hurt me, not intentionally anyway. He wants the company and it was my decision whether to sell to him or not, I chose not to. His reaction to my decision definitely showed me a different side to him though. 
When you wake up and Brax is gone you must have been heartbroken. Did you ever wonder if it had anything to do with the random meeting with Evans?
I’m devastated, I don’t want to leave the apartment, I barely eating, hell, to be completely honest, I’m barely surviving. But never have I thought that he left because of Michael Evans. Why would he?
Would you ever be able to totally forgive Braxton and allow him back in your heart?
I love Brax, I don’t care why he left, I just want him back. I went to sleep feeling like I was on top of the world, wrapped up in Brax’s arms then woke up the next morning to an empty bed. No note, no warning, no sign of him at all. I’m heartbroken. He’s the only person that can put me back together again. He’s the missing piece to the gaping hole in my heart. Sorry, I think we better end the interview now. I can’t take much more of this today.  I’ll show you out.
I get up and gather my bag and give Elle a hug. I hope Brax returns soon. Take care of yourself Elle.

No comments:

Post a Comment